Transitional Sheltering Assistance
Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) is a FEMA program that allows disaster survivors to temporarily stay in hotels or motels.
· To be eligible for TSA, you must:
o Register for FEMA Disaster Assistance (disasterassistance.gov)
· FEMA will contact you by phone, text, or email to let you know if you are eligible for TSA. Once you are notified, that you are eligible that you are eligible, you can find participating hotels at www.disasterassistance.gov and select “Participating Hotel List-Transitional Sheltering Assistance”
· If you have a disability or access or functional need, participating hotels are required to indicate the number of hotel rooms with “ADA accommodations.”
· When you contact the hotel be sure to tell them what features are required for your disability or access or functional need.
· Contact the hotel directly to ask if “Transitional Sheltering Assistance rooms are available.” If rooms are available, go to the hotel in person to book a room.
· Before you travel, check room availability
· Make sure to bring your photo identification and FEMA registration ID number
· You are responsible for all costs such as room service, laundry, parking, telephone or other services. FEMA makes payments directly to lodging providers for room rental and taxes.