The Palm Beach County Community Services Department is offering a Rental Assistance Program beginning June 5. To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Be a resident of Palm Beach County;
- Provide documentation to prove loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Provide documentation to show they have applied for or are receiving state or federal unemployment benefits;
- Meet gross Area Median Income (AMI) limit not exceeding 140% AMI for the household;
- Have a lease and other utilities in their or a household member’s name;
- Not have received any other financial assistance for rent and/or utilities for the period payment is requested;
- Have less than $5,000 in liquid assets in checking, savings, and cash card balances;
- Note – other restrictions may apply.
Benefits are available up to $7,000 ($5,800/up to 3 months’ rent and $1,200/electric, water and gas combined). Assistance will be provided only for past-due rent and/or utilities with due dates after March 1, 2020 and before December 30, 2020.
For more information, including a list of FAQs, the link to apply, and more helpful information, please click here.